Business strategy and planning
“Here’s what I know to be true – the most difficult and often most expensive part of strategy implementation is aligning the sales and go to market activities with a company’s strategies and goals. The key is aligning the big picture strategy with ‘on the ground’ sales execution.” – Frank Cespedes, HBS
Our approach focuses on delivering real commercial results and is based on lessons Annabel learnt at Harvard Business School studying under Frank Cespedes.
What are the steps involved in your business strategy and planning?
At a high level, our approach to aligning strategy, planning and sales involves a combination of:
- A coherent strategy.
- A commercial focus on profitability.
- The right incentives.
- Recruiting and selecting the right people.
- Developing a performance culture.
- Sustainable and consistent on-the-ground sales behaviours.
- A relentless focus on the alignment.
A standard business plan includes the following sections:
- Business mission, vision and values.
- Current market conditions – economic and competitor.
- SWOT – Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.
- Operating model and people, technology and go to market approach.
- How you will sell and sales approach.
- Financial modelling, pricing and profit and loss projections.
- Action plan – what you are going to do, when and by whom.
When can we help:
- You know it’s time to undertake some business planning but want some help.
- Your business isn’t growing, or it needs to adapt to survive.