Understanding the basis of what search engine optimisation is, or SEO, will set the stage for you determining whether or not it’s something your business should be investing in, what’s the importance and what you should know about SEO as a digital marketing channel. We’ve put together 6 things you should know about investing in SEO.
Top 6 reasons you should be consistently investing in SEO.
6. Get FREE website traffic
Once you’ve had an SEO expert look over your business, website and online marketing strategy they will be able to determine the best keywords for you to target based on the outcomes you are trying to achieve, ranking in the organic section of Google is free which means it does not cost you any money when a customer clicks on your listing. This makes SEO much more cost efficient over time.
5. Target customers that are READY TO BUY
Google is the largest search engine in the world and is the most used search engine for customers looking for relevant and local businesses. It’s a place where people go to search for products and services when they are ready to buy. This means you can optimise your website to show up for the search terms that are more relevant to your business.
4. 94% of Australians use Google when they are looking for a product or service
So, if you are not ranking on page #1 of Google you are almost invisible to majority of your market. Only 2% of people click through to the second page of Google, so its imperative to be pulling out all the stops to get you ranking as high as possible.
3. Cheaper leads
For most businesses if they target the right keywords then over time SEO will generate the cheapest leads compared to any other digital marketing channel.
2. 70% of people click on the SEO listings
Compared to that of 30% of customers who click on Google Adwords. Why? Because ranking on page #1 in the organic section of Google makes you more credible and trustworthy. More tend to be sceptical when they see an ad as opposed to a ‘genuine’ listing as ranked by Google.
1. SEO is like wine, it gets better with age
Once you stop, your competitors will eventually outrank you. SEO is an ongoing investment and is something that only gets better and cheaper with age! If you want your garden to bloom, keep watering it!
If you are still unsure if you should put your marketing dollars into SEO or if it’s the right move for your business feel free to contact us today and schedule a free consultation.
Or view more of our Digital Marketing Solutions.
Why do you need digital marketing?
So many businesses are still leveraging the same old marketing tactics and expecting different results. Perhaps you’re not sure why you should bother with it, why your business might need digital marketing solutions. But over 90% of shoppers researching or purchasing their goods and services online, you’re taking a pretty big risk to ignore your digital audience.
It’s not the silver bullet to all of your hopes and dreams for business growth, but you do need digital marketing to support your overall marketing strategy – read on to find out why.
5. Your audience is online – and growing
We can Google astonishing statistics but ultimately more than 90% of people use a search engine to research products and services (or to purchase online), and more than 80% of people participate in social media.
4. It’s flexible and fast
Make an error in printed marketing? Most times you’re out of luck, friend. Want to jump onto an emerging trend with a special offer? Enjoy your lead times. But with digital marketing, you can quickly come up with engaging and targeted content and copy, beautiful images, and then get your ad seen by your ideal audience. Not quite right? That’s ok, most digital marketing ads can be edited, or paused and restarted once you’ve corrected the issue.
3. It’s affordable
Digital marketing results can be achieved at a fraction of the cost of traditional marketing like radio, TV and print ads.
2. It’s targeted
And you’re also not paying to advertise to the wrong audience – unlike with digital marketing where you can specify your target audience by a huge range of factors, interests and demographics.
1. It’s measurable
You can track how your digital campaigns perform in real time and work to make changes to optimise your results and return on investment. It’s very rare in any other kind of business development or traditional marketing that you can see direct results from your marketing activity.
To learn more about out Digital Marketing Services please select your topic
Contact us to start generating leads for your new business pipeline today.
Insurance and digital were unintentionally the star of this year’s VERO SME Insurance Index. The index found a significant decline in the use of insurance brokers by SME businesses. The trend towards online, direct solution is on the rise.
Many have argued that regardless of this trend there will always be a place for the advice, experience and knowledge of an insurance broker. And we agree. But the reality is, it’s not such a black and white issue, and Businessary’s digital team thinks there’s some room for compromise here.
A digital romance
What if we could marry up some of the best elements of traditional insurance broking, with the ease, availability and convenience of online business? This doesn’t necessarily mean an online shop or transacting business online – but the reality is that we work with so many businesses within the insurance and insurance broking business that have either no digital presence or a very poor digital presence.
A lot of insurance brokers and agencies have never needed to be online, and the bulk of their clients don’t currently prefer to do business online. But clearly, as the research is showing, the tides are changing and aren’t likely to turn.
See below for our top five reasons why you should invest some time, money and energy in your digital footprint:
Top five reasons to do digital marketing
- Your current clients may not be online, but your future and prospective clients ARE! Even if they’re not looking to complete a purchase of their insurance solutions online, potential clients do the majority of their research on any transaction…you got it, online. If you’re not even there (or your presence is outdated or unprofessional), you’re out of the running, friend!
- Make it easy to be found! There’s being found on Google, and then there’s being FOUND. Doesn’t matter if they’re current clients or new ones, at many points people need your phone number, office location or find the names of your team. Don’t leave them to search through old emails, make it as easy as a click of the button.
- Demonstrate your knowledge and expertise through your website and social media presence. Digital marketing solutions are not just about selling, it should be largely about educating. SHOW your clients and prospective clients the value of a broker rather than tell. Share relevant articles and your take on them, talk about emerging risks that your clients need to be aware of, and highlight opportunities for risk mitigation to help them prevent incidents from occurring in the first place.
- Make your own life easier! Some businesses have created portals for clients to log in and retrieve their certificate of currency, others put handy claims forms online. Think through some of your most frequently asked questions and whether you’re adding any value to the process or if it could be automated online.
- Your digital marketing presence isn’t just another step towards being the insurance broker of choice for your clients, it’s also about attracting and retaining top talent within your business. I don’t know any candidates that don’t give a thorough look at their potential employers’ website and social media.
Many of our clients that end up enhancing their website and social media find that they’re replicating a network and community online that mirrors that of their bricks and mortar community. Make the most of it – link to websites of other suppliers that you would refer people to because you know and trust them. Highlight your clients businesses and the good work they do. Feature any local organisations that you sponsor or charities that you care about and do fundraising for. Have some fun with it!
Insurance News – The digital dilemma for brokers
Insurance Business – SMEs turning their back on brokers